The Zero Waste Building Maintenance Training is designed to help building maintenance staff run an outstanding apartment building recycling program. Through a combination of classroom instruction, field trips and practical activities, you will develop:
- A solid understanding of proper recycling procedures
- Ability to distinguish between resident and building responsibilities
- Knowledge to troubleshoot recycling issues
- Awareness of DSNY programs available to apartment buildings
- Skills to teach others about recycling
Students who successfully complete the program by meeting the course requirements will receive a Zero Waste Building Maintenance Training Certificate.
To qualify for the Zero Waste Building Maintenance Training Certificate, participants must:
- Attend Training Session 1 and 2.
- Complete 2 site visits.
- Demonstrate an outstanding apartment building recycling program.
- Mastering Apartment Building Recycling: From Set Up to Set Out
- Understanding Building Management vs. Resident Recycling Responsibilities
- Learning How to Get Rid of Special Materials (electronics, bulk, harmful household products)
- Developing an Enhanced Building Recycling Program (refashioNYC, e-cycleNYC and organics enrollment)
- Strategies for Pest Control
Upcoming Training Dates:
Session 1 - April 13th
Session 2 - April 20th
To participate in the Zero Waste Building Maintenance Training, please complete the application here.